Helen is the founder of FAB Parents.
A little about me. I adopted a sibling group (aged 5,4,2) in the early 1990s from the UK Care System. My approach is pragmatic and real. I have lived with children who lie, steal, self harm and were expelled from schools, amongst many other things.
I have worn many different hats in the adoption and fostering world, including:
- running a local (Adoption UK) support group for adopters for a decade
- membership of the Government Adoption Task Force
- trustee for the charity Adoption UK for 6 years
- delivered training on Trauma Triggered Behaviour to thousands of parents and professionals in the UK, Australia and New Zealand
- conference speaker and lobbyist